1. The competition is organized by the University of Lagos Engineering Society (ULES)
2. To enter the competition, all participants must agree to the terms and conditions
3. The judgement of the selected panelist is final.
4. Teams must have submitted their designs before the stated deadline
Teams are eligible to enter the competition on the following provisions:
1. Undergraduates in Nigerian tertiary institution in the fields of Engineering, Sciences and Environmental Sciences.
2. Recent graduates as at the time of application and Post-graduate students are not eligible to apply.
3. Teams can constitute a minimum of 3 members and a maximum of 5 members.
4. An individual can not be a member of two different participating teams.
RULES OF COMPETITION
1. The competition is eligible to only undergraduates in Nigerian tertiary institutions. Entrants are welcome to submit one design
2. A copy of exhibiting work will be disqualified. Designs which have been submitted to other competitions will not be accepted. All exhibiting works must declare clearly that are not involved in any kind of competition and have not been launched in the market.
3. It is compulsory that category winners produce their own prototypes and attend the Final Round of Judging in person to compete for the Best of Overall Design. The Organisers reserve the right to disqualify the winner in case of failure to meet any of the above requirements.
4. The organisers have the right to disqualify unoriginal or plagiarized entries subject to proof of originality.
5. The Organisers reserve the right to change the Rules of Competition.
6. The Organisers assume no obligation, responsibility or liability for any expenses incurred by the entrants as a result of participating in this competition.
7. The Organisers will only be responsible for the finalists two-night stay during the grand finale. All other travel expenses will be borne by the finalists. It is compulsory that the finalists accept the Organisers’ arrangement on accommodation. In case the winners have made their own arrangements without the Organisers’ consent, the Organisers does not bear the liability for any costs arising.
8. The training opportunities and gifts cannot be converted into cash prize. Should the winner chooses not to attend the course or fails to attend the course for any reason, the prizes are neither transferable nor refundable.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS
1. Winners will be notified by May 2017 for preliminary stage via email. Winners will be announced by June 2017 for intermediate stage. Non-winning entrants will not be individually notified of the results. The results will not otherwise be made public until the grand finale held in July 2017. Details of the result will be posted on the Competition website after the competition.
COLLECTION OF ENTRIES
1. All entries must be submitted via the ULES online platform- a dedicated ULES website for the competition.
No physical designs or email submissions will be accepted.
2. All entries must be submitted on or before 6th of May 2017 (HKT 23:59). No late submissions will be considered.
3. The Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any entry which fails to meet the submission requirements.
4. The Organisers will not assume responsibility for any damage or loss of all entries due to electronic transmission via the online platform.
DESIGN AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT REGISTRATION
1. By submitting the your designs to ULES, each Entrant agrees that he/she is consented to and hereby grants the ULES and its licensees and assignees to publicly display the design.
2. No design submissions will be used for commercial purposes.
3. Every Entrant should note that the Submission will be publicly disclosed. If deemed necessary or appropriate, the entrant should file a patent application before submission. Nevertheless, every Entrant shall be solely responsible for the pursuit of any form of intellectual property protection for the Submission. The Organisers are not liable for infringement or abuse of any design as a result of entry into the Professor Ayodele Awojobi Design Competition as a result of any subsequent promotion and publicity.
4. The Organisers will not be responsible for proof of originality of all entries, nor be liable for protection of design copyright. Each contestant retains sole copyright, and is therefore solely liable for his/her design(s).
5. No personal details will be published without the contestants' prior approval sought in writing. Only the Organisers will have access to any personal data provided by the contestants.
6. In the event of any disputes, the Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any entry and/or retract any award from the entrant. All decisions made by the Organisers are final and binding in all aspects relating to the Competition.
7. In any case a corporate organization decides to enter into a partnership agreement on any of the participants prototype after the competition, the organizers of the Professor Ayodele Awojobi Design Competition are not liable for whatever event happen thereafter.
8. By entering this competition you warrant that:
(a) All details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
(b) You are entering the competition as an individual or team, and not on behalf of any company of organisation;
(c) You have all necessary rights and licenses to grant the rights set out in these Rules & Regulations;
(d) The design, images and prototype is an original work which has not been published elsewhere;
(e) You are the copyright owner of the submitted design
(f) The exercise of the rights granted to ULES in these Rules & Regulations will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and you will fully indemnify ULES against any loss, liability, damage, cost or expense whatsoever resulting from any breach of these warranties.
1. By entering this competition (the "Competition"), the Entrants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions and Rules and Regulations and agreed to be bound by them.
2. Selected winners have one week after being contacted to respond to the Organisers, and if return contact is not made within that time period, the prizes will be forfeited. The Organisers will select another winner in accordance with the selection criteria set out.
3. The prizes including cash prizes and gift prizes and training opportunities are neither transferable nor refundable.
4. The Organisers reserve the right to refuse to honour any entry if they consider there has been an abuse of this Competition or a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
5. The Organisers’ decision is final on any situation including any not covered in these Terms and Conditions. Please note that the Organisers will not enter into any correspondence concerning any decisions made.